Two Against the North
Mood
While reading this book I didn’t feel any one way for very long, since the mood would change so often. It changed from times of happiness and excitement (When Jamie and Awiasn started there their journey home) then the next moment there was times of sadness (When their pet Caribou fawn Otinak was killed by the wolves). Thou I would say that the overall mood throughout the book was very serious because they were always trying to survive in the arctic or trying to travel from it and there was no real time for playing around. There were a few sad parts in the book though the saddest was when their pet fawn was killed by the wolves.
The most exciting part in this book is when Jamie and Awiasn tried to leave the arctic by sleigh and were almost killed in a blizzard before they could even make it to the forests to the south. There are a few parts that really stick out to me in this story, but there was one point that I really remember. That is when Jamie and Awiasn wrecked their canoe by going over a waterfall. I think that I remember this the most because it was the largest turning point in the book. Like I have said the mood changes a lot throughout some events that have changed the mood were when they wrecked there canoe or when they found the Eskimo’s dogs roaming the arctic and used them to help them escape.
No comments:
Post a Comment