Two Against the North
Questions
In this book there was one thing that I really didn’t understand at the time. That part was when they wreaked their canoe by going over the waterfall. Why didn’t they just start heading for home and hope to make it to the edge of the forest before winter came? Instead they tried to head west to intercept the rest of their hunting party on their way home, but it was too late they missed them and they now had to spend a winter alone on the barrens. I think the author wrote the book the way he did to make the story more interesting and trust me it worked. If I was the author there is one thing that I would have changed in this book. That one thing is that I would have ended it with them still stuck on the barrens and then created a squeal about their journey home and them going to revisit the Eskimo’s.
In this book I thought the conclusion was great it fit the book very well and it rapped everything up. There was one thing that might have made it better though that was. As I said before I thought the ending could have been improved by finishing the story in a squeal instead of fitting it all in this book. One thing that was special about this book is that it is written in old English. A language that if an Indian were to speak English a long time ago this is how it would be spoken. My favourite part in this story is when Jamie and Awiasn find Eskimo dogs this is my favourite part because it is a turning point a point from not leaving the barrens to leaving.
Good. You are supporting your opinions with the text.
ReplyDelete