Thursday, March 3, 2011

Journal 5

Two Against the North
Evaluation
There are a few things that the author did that made this book unique and different those are some of the things that made me like this book. A few of the thing that he did very well throughout the book are. For one he made it very unpredictable and once you picked up on this it helped in making you want to read more and more. Another thing I think that he did well was that he was able to make the book long enough to get all the information through but not so that it would take you months to read it. The last thing I thought the author did well was using grammar and words that an Indian boy and a group of Indians would use, even though they are not words we would use in our normal life. I thought this book was so good I don’t even think there was any way it could be written better.
I have not read any other book by this author so I cannot compare this to any of his others. Though I can compare it to other books that I have read by other authors. One other author that uses similar techniques to the author of this book (Farley Mowatt) is Gary Paulsen. He displays his similar writing technique in the books Hatchet and the River. He uses the element of surprise and unpredictability to hook you and to make you want to read more. In writing I think that using these technique makes you a much stronger writer and greatly improves the story.

1 comment: